Wednesday, September 16, 2015

TOY CUSTOM: Star-Lord (MCU inspired) *UPDATED*


It's been a year already, and still I'm hooked on a feeling'.
Here's my custom rendition of Star-Lord!



        Ever since the Guardians of the Galaxy film was released, I've always wanted to have their movie counterpart, especially Star-Lord. Unfortunately, none was made for the 4 inch scale, so collectors turn to custom ones.

        Been seeing a lot of custom rendition of this movie look for Star-Lord, which was also adapted by the comics and animation series. I've always wanted to do one as well. It's just that I never got the parts I wanted until now.

        To start off, I didn't intend to copy the movie version accurately, cause that would be too darn hard to do. Instead, I looked for parts which closely resemble the movie version.


Here's my recipe:

 

RECIPE:

Head: MIS Star-Lord
-I removed the cap, and sculpted the hair using apoxie.

Body: Fandral
-Removed the chest plate, and added some apoxie sculpt as well.
I've been on a lookout for this for quite a long time for my Star-Lord custom. Never found a reasonable price for this. Good thing I was able to trade some fodder parts for this.

Belt: MU Capt. America, black garter strap

Coat: Paris Pursuit Snake Eyes
-Shaved off some parts of the hood.
Out of all the coats I've seen, this one resembles his coat the closest. From the strap across his chest, to the detailing, it really fits him.

Alternate Head: Fandral
-Shaved off some hair, and reshaped the face to make him look like Chris Pratt somehow.
As I've always said, I'm a big big fan of alternate heads! May not look exactly like Chris, but kinda works for me. That smirk reminds me of him though.

Guns: MIS Star-Lord gun
-I just removed the gun's extension and painted it to alter it's look. I then glued the removed part onto the side of his boots.
Though if you're going for accuracy, you can use the firearm from the Lego Star-Lord. It does fit him well. Unfortunately I don't own one so I had to improvise.






**UPDATE!**

        I did try to create his signature Walkman by improvising. Headphone was made from a belt accessory and 2 Lego pegs. The Walkman itself is just a print out. Tried to recreate the intro scene here.

No comments:

Post a Comment