Tuesday, September 15, 2015

REVIEW: Marvel's Colossus (Juggernaut)


Colossunaut or Juggolossus? Never knew which name to call him by, but hey we got a figure of him!

        I have to admit, this figure never got me excited when he was teased as a boxset with Emma Frost and Astonishing Cyclops. He was one of those I can live, without getting. But since I got a set, I did try to give him a chance and open him up. To my surprise, its kinda growing on me.

Here's the rest of the assortment for 2015 Wave 3.

2x Emma Frost, 2x Chameleon, 2x Colossus, 2x Deadpool, 2x Korg, 2x Northstar 


        This depiction of Colossus started in Fear Itself, when Cyttorak turned him into the Juggernaut's avatar in able to stop Kuurth which was Juggernaut before he was turned into one of Serpent's heralds. This version of Colossus was also made prominent during the AvX run.



Where did I acquire it?: Kramer Toy Warden
How much?: Set of 6 Php 4,200
Condition during acquisition: MOC

Packaging:
As seen, he was also supposed to be part of 2015 Wave 2's lineup but never quite made it.

Sculpt:


        To start off, when I got my pre-ordered set, I was so busy picking out the one with the best paint-app that I didn't notice my Colossus was missing a band on his left arm! I only knew about it when I opened him up, and tried playing with it for my review. Kinda bummed about it, though it doesn't affect the look that much.

+ You still get the nicely weathered detail on the helmet, ang glove part.
+ Solid sculpt all around.
+ The added belt fits him well.
- Lines on the arms are not sculpted, unlike the release of the MU Colossus.


Paint:

 
+ Red and silver metallic paints used look great.
+ Nice shade of red and yellow used.
- Inconsistent line thickness for the arms.
- A bit sloppy paint work on the yellow's edges.
- X-men insignia is angled.

        Articulation:

        This figure is a straight up repainted Juggernaut figure. Which means you do get a good degree of articulation on this big guy.

          Size Comparison:
          MU Juggernaut | MIS Colossus | MU Colossus

          Angle View:
          click to enlarge

          Playtime Pics:



          Overall Grade

                  Colossus is a great addition if you have an X-men collection. Though it may not be that vital, since I'd still prefer the regular looking Colossus from MU as my default one in my display.

          The figure itself is a solid one both literally and figuratively. It could have been much better if the lines on his arms were sculpted, but knowing Hasbro, they won't go that direction specially when they're cost cutting. 

          Accessories - n/a
          Sculpt - 4/5
          Paint - 2.5/5
          Articulation - 4/5
          Value - 3/5
          Final Grade - 3.3/5

          No comments:

          Post a Comment