Sunday, July 8, 2012

TOY HAUL: Malaguti Phantom F12



   Finally got employed for my first job last week and started working Wednesday. Being employed in a learning institution just literally behind Greenhills Shopping Center gives me the privilege to check out every hobby and retail shops every after working hours, and that I did. Everytime I go home, I make sure to pass by Greenhills first to check for some good finds.

 
  During my first trip, I was surprised to see the "red scooter" still on the shelves from one of the shops in Shoppesville Plus. I've been eyeing this for a month now, since it would be a great stand-in for the red Vespa that has been so elusive. I didn't buy it right away since I wasn't really sure if it would be worth it. I gave it 2 days, and if by Friday it's still there I might just get it. On my second trip, it was still there and I was starting to realize that it might just be for me. Came Friday, and still it was there. It seems like no one wanted it, so I was really doubting if it would be worth it, however with a Php 150.00 price tag, there's nothing much to lose. Inspected the figure upclose and tried to bargain with the saleslady, but she wouldn't give in to my offer. So I just paid full price since I'm really desperate for one.

    As I got home, all along I thought the red scooter I bought was one of those divisoria toys since it's so cheap and the packaging was kinda weird. It only had a clamshell sticked to an irregular card shape with no prints on the back. All I can read from the card is "Fresh Metal." So I Googled it immediately, and to my surprise it is a toyline from Maisto. Seeing the images of my query, it was suppose to come in a box like this:


    Basing on the side decals of the scooter, it's a Malaguti Phantom F12 which I have no idea since I'm not really a diecast collector or into bikes though I'm glad to know that this model really exists. Here are some angle shots:




    For some, you might be wondering why I bought a red scooter since all of my posts are Marvel related. The reason is this:


    Yep, my Deadpool desperately needs a ride. The scooter motorbike in the comics is patterned after a Vespa Sprint model, and that's why a 1:18 red Vespa from Maisto is still a better fit for an MU Deadpool but heck with it my Deadpool still enjoys his Phantom F12. Though it may not have that accurate look, and bright red color, as I said, it is still a great stand-in for a Vespa. It fits him very well, and really looks great displayed. The scooter has diecast parts and very much detailed. And for a Php 150.00 price, it sure was worth every penny.




No comments:

Post a Comment