Monday, July 30, 2012

TOY HAUL: 1:18 Harley Davidson Chopper



I've seen a lot of my fellow collectors pick this one up for their MU figs especially for Ghost Rider which everyone's having a hard time finding a ride that fits him. I didn't find the urge to get me one, since I already have a bike for my Ghost Rider that came from an old Toybiz figure of mine. However, my stand to get one changed when I saw these:

Photo by Banz Poliquit

Photo by Erik Santos

These made me want to hunt for a red chopper for my Deadpool. I know I just bought a red maroon scooter for Deadpool, and I'm still on a hunt for that evasive red Vespa but this just looks so good to pass on! What's even great is that they are on clearance though I haven't even seen them on the shelves at their original retail price and lately they have been popping out with a Php 100.00 price tag!

So the other night, we went to SM Hypermarket. I unexpectedly stumbled upon their small toy section and immediately saw the said 1:18 bikes. I did check them out and tried to look for a red chopper. However all I saw were blue and orange choppers and different types of bikes. Though that didn't stop me from looking. I literally took out all the boxes from the shelves and stacked them on the floor. And there it was. A lone bright red chopper sitting at the back end where they keep some sort of a cleaning liquid in a bottled water container which was kind of weird. Anyway, I purchased it right away and went home feeling fulfilled.



Prior to unboxing, I tried to search the item on the internet to find out more info about the chopper and the line. But to no avail results are negative. I mean, there are 1:18 Harley Davidson bikes but it is said to be made by Maisto. I did a thorough inspection on the box and I can't seem to find a manufacturer label, even on the bike there's none. Texts and the design prints on the box seems to be amateurish and off as well, which leads me to a strong suspicion that this toyline might just be a knock-off. Though I might be wrong.




The first thing I noticed about the bikes, is that the plastic chrome parts seem to be turning white. Also, one of the side mirrors chipped off easily that I had to glue it back in its place. Details on bike are decent and nice, however, I'm not a fan of the decals they applied on the bike.



 It's a great piece to add to one's collection especially if you have a MU Deadpool. Of course there's quality control issues, and the material isn't all that great but you get what you pay for. Other than that I'm very much satisfied with it.



On the side note, my work is really eating up my time. It's either I'm at work or I'm at home snoozing which is a real bummer. I'm finding it hard to make time to do reviews which I miss doing. It's been a while since my last figure review so with that being said expect more reviews these upcoming weeks! Happy hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment