Sunday, July 22, 2012

TOY HAUL: Iron Man & Spider-Woman Comic Pack


I started collecting Marvel Universe figures first before I even started to read comics. I vowed to stick to one figure per character so as to avoid overspending. I remember the time I got hold of an MU Spider-woman (Jessica Drew) figure from Toy Kingdom. I have no idea who she was back then, and what her story was. All I know is that I have yet to own a Spider-woman figure and so I did purchase her right then and there.

Having to own more than a dozen of MU figs at that time, I decided to give Marvel Comics a shot. I had no idea on how or where to start. However my internet research led me to my first story arc, which was Civil War and I immediately got hooked.

To cut the long story short, I found out that there are two Spider-woman, Jessica Drew and Julia Carpenter who now goes by the codename Arachne. All along I thought that the black costume was a vintage version of Spider-woman that's why I didn't bother to get one. Apparently I was wrong, and it only means one thing, that I have to get a Julia Carpenter figure which only comes as a 2 pack with a classic Iron Man. I wasn't willing to spend a comic pack retail price just to get one figure, and I had enough of an Iron Man figure so I did try to hunt for a loose one. It was one of the items I was looking for during ToyCon, but unfortunately I didn't see one.

3 days ago, I visited Greenhills after work to do my usual toy hunt, and stumbled upon an MOC Spider-woman & Iron Man pack at almost 50% off! I didn't think twice and bought it right away! And come to think of it, I can sell the Iron Man figure and it would seem like I bought the Spider-woman figure for only Php 250.00 instead of a Php 899.99 retail price!




No comments:

Post a Comment