Wednesday, September 2, 2015

TOY CUSTOM: Netflix Daredevil


Netflix's Daredevil is one of the best series out there today! It definitely got me hooked, that I decided to do one for my collection.



The dark and gritty tone of this series definitely fits the Devil of Hell's Kitchen's persona. I loved how they interpreted Daredevil's costume by sticking to his origins in the comics, with the all black and wrap on his head.


Really digging this outfit, even more than his red suit. Kinda looks more 'real' to me. Been seeing alot of custom figures with this rendition. I've always wanted to do one, but can't find spare fodder parts until now.

The common recipe that I've been seeing is the use of Iron Fist. It's the logical choice, since it has the right parts already. However, I'd like mine to have a bit of a bulk. That's when I got an Ultimate Capt. America from a fellow collector.



Here's the recipe:

Head: Avengers Ultimate Capt. America w/ black garter straps
-sculpted the cover on his eyes and decided to retain the scultped details of his eyebrows so that it would still protrude even after painting. Also, decided to use black garter straps and glued it at the back of his, and then placed apoxie over it.

Whole Body: Avengers Ultimate Capt. America
-shaved and sanded down the scales on his upper body and smoothen it out with apoxie. I decided to retain the scales on his shoulder though, making it look like 'pads'. I also left the boots as it is instead of sculpting 'pants' over it, since I think it looked better.

Lower Arms: MIS Capt. America

Belt: MIS Capt. America

Holster/Sheath: Warpath
-got the knife sheath of Warpath and glued it into the same garter strap I used for his head.

Weapon: Toothpick

Happy with the outcome of this project. Can't wait for season 2 where they would introduce Jon Bernthal as The Punisher!

No comments:

Post a Comment