Saturday, September 5, 2015

REVIEW: Age of Ultron Vision



Just in time for Paul Bettany coming to Manila! Here's a quick look on the Age of Ultron: Vision!


Technically, this line is called Avengers All-Star Action figure, which is the only merchandise we get in this scale, sucking out all the good articulation and leaving us with just 5. But the heck, we would still buy it anyway just to scratch the itch.

Vision was announced a bit late, and I was surprised that this came out earlier than what I expected. He is included in Wave 3 which consists of the following (1 per case for every character)


Wasn't really that interested in this line, that I only targeted Scarlet Witch and Vision for my MCU display. Not really sold with all the others in the assortment.

Got a tip from a fellow collector that this wave started to hit retail Friday night, and immediately checked a nearby Toy Kingdom, Saturday morning during its opening. And there I did see 3 of them on the pegs, and nabbed one right then and there.


Where did I acquire it?: Toy Kingdom
How much?: Php 399.00
Condition during acquisition: MOC


Packaging:


Sculpt:

 

enhanced image on the right to show engraved pattern

One thing you have got to love with these 5 POA movie figures, is that they have tremendous sculpt details almost completely similar or accurate to their movie counterparts. For such a small figure, they were able to pack in a lot of small details from the head, to the body and even the lining pattern on his cape are there!


Paint:


And if there's something you have got to hate with these, are the paint apps. Not that it's bad, it's just lacking details. I initially hated the colors of Vision when they released their promo materials. Never been a fan of the pinkish, magenta-ish color that they went with. But I must admit, it's kinda growing on me. 

Compared to the promo material, the color they went with is kinda vibrant, but I'm fine with that one. I do like the shade and tone that they went with. I just wished the put some color accent to his cape though.


      Articulation:



      Need not say more. It's 5 POA.



      Size Comparison:


      AOU: Vision, MU Vision (repainted)


      Angle View:

      click to enlarge

      Playtime Pics:




      Overall Grade


      It's great that Vision was added to the mix to add to one's MCU collection. I was almost going for a custom one just to have them all, like what I did to Quicksilver. I'm still hoping they did that one though. Hasbro really needs to bring back a little love on this scale, but for now we just have to grasp the truth that we'll be getting crappy figure for now.

      Overall, the figure itself is a nice piece to be displayed. You really can't do much pose, except for the 'I baptize you' one. The sculpt really saved this figure though, and the metallic green paint app helped a little bit. I wouldn't recommend this figure, unless you have a cinematic universe collection like me. If you do, I suggest you get them once you see them on retails since it's only one per case.

      Accessories - N/A

      Sculpt - 5/5
      Paint - 2/5
      Articulation - 1/5
      Value - 4/5
      Final Grade - 3/5

      No comments:

      Post a Comment