Friday, October 2, 2015

TOY CUSTOM: Shatterstar

Straight from Mojoworld, here's Shatterstar! 



        I have always wanted to create the classic X-force lineup during the Liefeld era, it's just that I haven't had much time and fodder to do them. Hopefully I get to complete them starting with this one.

        I was initially planning to do a female character, as I wanted to practice sculpting long hair until I stumbled upon Shatterstar when I was browsing the net. I didn't go with any of his looks accurately, as I wanted to do a mish-mash of the things I liked from his various costumes. Obviously, I did omit his headgear to fully accentuate his hair.

I looked upon my fodder bin and here's what I got:

 

RECIPE:

Head: Shadowland Daredevil
- Sanded down his mask and horns, and sculpted the hair from scratch.

Body/Legs: Star-Lord
-sculpted the shoulder pad and the cape/cloth.

Arms: Bullseye
-sculpted the wristbands

Sword:
- his signature double-bladed sword was made from 2 brick swords glued together and painted.


        This is probably one of the projects that I had problems with. Took me quite a time to fully finish this one due to paint rubs, which made me sand the affected parts and repaint it over again. Also, painting whites will always be a pain in the a** as you need to coat it with multiple layers just to get it even! With that I might stay away from characters with full on white costumes from now on. LOL!

click to enlarge



No comments:

Post a Comment