Wednesday, October 14, 2015

TOY CUSTOM: Maria Hill


I finally have a Maria Hill to display, without having to hunt for the expensive
SDCC exclusive Helicarrier.

        It's been years since the exclusive Maria Hill figure was released. Never got the chance to own one, since the Helicarrier was expensive, and I have no space to display it since it's around 3 to 4 feet long!

        With that, I just planned to do a custom one way back, using a Black Widow figure. Might just take out Scarjo's hair, and resculpt it to look like Maria's. Never got a chance to own another fodder Scarjo Widow though.

        Fortunately a fellow collector, who supplied me with the Tony Stark headcast, told me that he has a Maria Hill headcast for me. Immediately got it during Collecticon event as I do have a spare Black Widow body waiting for her.

Collecticon hauls!
Never got the chance to work on her until now. Here's the recipe:



HEAD: Recast Maria Hill Head

BODY: Avengers Assemble Black Widow

BELT/HOLSTER: Black garter straps

        It has always been a challenge to paint faces in this scale. I know that I still have so much to learn, but I'm satisfied with the outcome of this one. For the body, I went with the cinematic universe colorway, but did gave her black gloves.

1 comment:

  1. Excelente, quiero pintar, mi cuerpo adicional de lla viuda negra. pero no conozco el tipo de pintura que se usa para dichas figuras de 3.75".

    he pintado con aerosol pero no se fija la pintura al plástico.

    ReplyDelete