Sunday, October 11, 2015

TOY CUSTOM: Modern Punisher


Here's my modern take on Punisher.

        Here's one of my favorite Marvel character, aside from Hawkeye. There are tons of version of Frank Castle that have been released by Hasbro in this scale, and they definitely got it perfect with the last one. Unfortunately, he does wear the old classic black and white uniform and doesn't quite fit some of the modern figures I have when I do shoots. That's why I'd always wanted to do an updated look of him in this scale.

        Coincidentally,  I did got an offer from Bamm, selling me his custom modern Punisher without me asking for it! This is the second time, that he sold me something that I was just planning to do (X-force custom figures.)

        I did get the figure, and was amazed of the parts he used! I didn't even need to change anything!


        The parts were perfect! I just needed to sand the joints down, and repaint the whole thing to fit my taste.

       Lately, I've been fond of doing interchangeable parts for my custom, and I didn't spare this one as well. I decided to have a switchable arms for him, to give him a coat-less look just to have an option. Repainted the blacks as well, and gave a bit of a gray with white dry brush on his belt piece and boots just to give a variation. Also gave his hand an open glove look for both his arms. Repainted his head's skin tone to match the sleeveless arm and gave him a 5 o'clock shadow.


RECIPE:

Head: Punisher

Body: Punisher

Coat: Victor Creed

Arms: WWII Capt. America / Thor

Legs: Ultimate Capt. America

Here's a comparison with the classic Punisher.






No comments:

Post a Comment