Monday, October 19, 2015

TOY CUSTOM: Tony Stark heads


Gotta love headcasts! Here are 2 of my custom painted Tony Stark head.

        I'm one of those unlucky collectors, who never got an Iron Man 3 Hall of Armor boxset that contains 6 figures including the articulated Mark 42 and a Tony Stark figure. I didn't even get to own one during the clearance sale of Php 800 just recently. Fortunately, I did get some headcasts of Tony Stark from a fellow collector last March during a convention event.




       Got both Stark heads that he has, as I planned to use one for a movie, and the other for a comic representation. The one on the left seems to be patterned after a Hot Toys head, and the other from the Hall of Armor boxset.


        Ever since I bought them, I had tons of failed attempts on painting the face that kept me frustrated so I decided to keep them first. It's only now, after 7 months, that I got back on painting them.

click to enlarge
       
        Looking at them, they are far away from being perfect. Though I'm satisfied on how it turned out. They look decent enough compared to my first few attempts. LOL! I've been really training myself to get used to painting faces, as you can see with my recent custom posts. Hopefully, it gets better soon.

1 comment:

  1. Saludo, Bearako, vi un tutorial de como clonar estas cabezas de figuras 3.75".

    Si esta en tu posibilidad clona una y hazme la llegar, me interesa mucho...jajaja.

    ReplyDelete