Saturday, October 17, 2015

TOY CUSTOM: XMO Wade Wilson / Deadpool (concept v2)


Decided to revisit one of my old customs, and tried to improve it. Here's my concept version of Wade Wilson/ Deadpool in X-Men Origins: Wolverine.


        I originally did this custom 2 years ago, just when I was just starting to try it out. I have no idea yet on prepping figures, that's why paint rubs are everywhere in my early works including this. 

        Here are some shots of the original one I made.
        

       Didn't go for accuracy, since I find the movie version kinda plain looking so I went with my own. After 2 years, I tried to improve it somehow by sanding the joints to reduce paint rubs, sanding off the belt totally and replacing it with Snake Eyes', replacing the sheath with a black garter strap, and repainting the figure overall.

Recipe:

HEAD: Green Lantern movie
-this is inspired by Reynold's current look, with a beard, trimed/shaved side of his hair, and a shaved line on his eyebrow.

BODY: Avengers Hawkeye movie
-sculpted the rest

BELT: Paris Pursuit Snake Eyes

SWORD: Storm Shadow

        Here's a comparison of the before and after:


        Still so much to learn on painting the face, but I can say it's easier now than before. Happy with how it turned out, and I can now proudly display him in my MCU shelf. And finally, reduced the paint rubs! Can't wait for the movie!

click to enlarge

No comments:

Post a Comment