Saturday, October 24, 2015

TOY CUSTOM: Psylocke


Here's a custom repaint and resculpt attempt I did to Psylocke's head.

        There are some figures from the line that bothers me, just by looking at their faces. I can name a handful, but the 2 that really bugs me the most are Psylocke and Kitty Pryde.


          Looking at these 2, I've always wanted to alter their faces to fit my taste. Haven't found the courage to at least attempt and modify their faces til now. For my first try, I decided to alter my Psylocke figure since it's easier to find another one if ever I ruin the figure lol!

         I never liked the head they used for Psylocke. Recycling Dark Phoenix head doesn't really work for me and I'm sure for others as well. So here's what I did.

        I removed Psylocke's hair by dipping her head on a hot water, then plied it off.

I then resculpted her hair, using a flexible putty.


        I really had a hard time painting the face that I ended up repainting it over and over again. Still trying to figure out a style/technique that I can apply. Also, still trying to familiarize myself on hair sculpting since this is just the 2nd time I fully sculpted a long hair. Still not that satisfied, especially with the face, but again hopefully it does get better :)



No comments:

Post a Comment