Tuesday, February 9, 2016

TOY REVIEW: Machine Man (Mechanical Masters pack)


Marvel's inspector gadget, Machine Man!
        Again we have another obscure character from the Marvel Universe to add to the line. I'm really liking these B or C list characters being introduced to us. I'm not familiar with him either, I just know that the 6-inch Legends line also had him a year ago. According to my search, he's a weaponized a robot or android meant to be a superhero.


Here's the rest of the assortment for 2016 Mavel Legends Series Wave 1 - Comic Packs.

Mechanical Masters, Defenders of Asgard, Shield-Wielding Heroes

Where did I acquire it?: Sir Eric's Distribution
How much?: SRP of 1,499.75
Condition during acquisition: MOC

Packaging:

        Finally the comic packs are back! I can't remember the last time they put one of these out! It's still patterned after the single pack Marvel Legends Series. Though I don't dig the name, I'm certainly digging the package design. It looks premium and made for adults. At the back you can see the rest of the comic packs, with a large artistic shot. With the return of these comic packs, I do hope we get the team boxsets as well down the road.

       Mechanical Masters pack comes with the Secret Wars comic with the inclusion of Superior Iron Man #1


Sculpt:

+ Great facial expression
+ Awesome details on his weaponized hands


Paint:
 

+ Great tone combination of a metallic violet and black
+ Neatly painted straight lines
- Paint splotches on the head area. (may vary from figure to figure)


Articulation:


     
        It uses the standard new mold that we have with less articulation. Weaponized hands are fixed and doesn't have any kind of movement.


Size Comparison:
MU Bullseye | MLS Machine Man | CATFA Crossbones
MU Klaw | MLS Machine Man
Mechanical Masters comic pack

Angle View:
click to enlarge

Playtime Pics:




Overall Grade

        I love the choice of Machine Man to be included in the line. Though this might not excite most of the collectors, I've always been a fan of meeting new character through action figures. Figure wise, it's a basic figure with standard articulation. Paint looks great, except for the splotches on his face in my figure. Weaponized hands are a great touch, but I wish they could have made it interchangeable with regular hands for us to switch.
Accessories - n/a
Sculpt - 4/5
Paint - 3.5/5
Articulation - 3/5
Value - 2/5
Final Grade - 3/5


1 comment:

  1. How much do these packs cost? Also, I couldn't find that distributor you mentioned. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete