Sunday, December 1, 2013

TOY HAUL: The Dark World Loki

        It has been about 3 weeks since the 2nd installment of the Thor movie franchise premiered here locally in the Philippines and I must say I definitely enjoyed the film's Lord of the Rings-ish approach. But it wasn't Thor who made the film memorable. Tom Hiddleston's performance as Loki was hands down priceless! He seems to be destined to play Loki just like RDJ is to Tony Stark. Since playing the part of Loki, he's now been the eye-candy of most ladies despite being the villain to Thor. 





        Since the preview of The Dark World toyline, I was only eyeing to get Kurse and a Dark Elf since you guys know my stand on duplication of characters. I already have a movie version of Loki and Thor from the previous toylines. However, this performance from Tom was something significant, that made me want to consider the The Dark World version of Loki. And that I just did. I convinced myself since I haven't gotten any "helmet-less" Loki LOL. So I got me one from Toy Kingdom, since they were flooding the shelves in retail except for the Dark Elf. Having 3 out of 5 figures from series 1, I'm currently on the fence on getting one of the 2 Thors since they do look good, and their articulation is quite good compared to Universe scaled figures we've been getting lately. But lets see how things will go.
        I'm quite impressed with this toyline, specially with the way things are going for the movie-verse figures which gave us those crappy overpriced plastics (ehem, Wolverine.. ehem, Iron Man 3). There's no news or rumors on whether we would get a series 2 but I'm hoping we do since I'd love to have a Malekeith figure, and Jane Foster would be a nice addition. Or a butt-naked Selvig perhaps? Eheheheheh!!






No comments:

Post a Comment