Tuesday, December 3, 2013

TOY HAUL: Bonka Zonks


        I've been seeing these tiny, bullet-like, stunt toys from Marvel for quite a long time now. Since its release, neither kids nor collectors seemed to give attention to it thus making it an instant peg warmer. At first it didn't really appeal to me since, nothing seems so special about it and looks like it was really aimed for kids. With a retail price of P399.75 it didn't helped its case either. And the name!!! Gawd! It does remind me of slang word from Missy Elliott's Work It. Wondering what's the word? Try googling badonkadonk. For a toy that's aimed at kids, how appropriate.

         Never did it enter my mind to get these figures, or toys for that matter. However, my girlfriend got me these 3 packs as a surpirse when I picked her up from work. Of course I was glad to have these guys especially coming from her, and as long as it's Marvel it's a check for me. As I said, never have I given these guys attention, I didn't even know they were on their 2nd clearance price! From P400 to P50 to P30!
         Each pack contains a character checklist, a code used for playing online, and a card stunt idea which suggests you flick, stack, battle or whatever the hell you want to do with them is how you play it. It contains 4 BonkaZonks with one being a mystery til you open it up.


Check out the complete lineup for series 1

        I must admit, as I opened each pack I got ecstatic on seeing the mystery character for each pack I got. The character checklist made me a bit infatuated with the line instantly. As for the art style of each character, I'm totally digging it. With all that being said, it lead me to want and hunt for more! And before I know it, I gave in to my urge as seen below.


        As I hopped from mall to mall, it seems like they've been wiped out due to various sale events. My hunt lead me to Toys R Us in Trinoma where they still had Blind Packs. Not seeing who's inside, I still took the gamble and bought around 10 packs just to scratch the itch. The anticipation of knowing who I got made me wanting more. To sum it up, it has become an addiction! 
        Then after a week, I have gotten these from Toy Kingdom SM Megamall! Unfortunately, these were the last ones on the shelves! And luckilly I was able to acquire the Avengers Big 4 and then some! 

Thor! Hulk! "Iron Man!" Hawkeye! Panther! Vision! and DEADPOOL FTW!
        Bonka Zonks are well worth it at clearance price! And as I said before, I'm a sucker for clearance! If only I had a chance, I'd love to complete this series however as of this post, I can't seem to find more of these in retail and I doubt that I'll ever see them again even in sale events. So with that I guess I have to close the chapter of my Bonka Zonk collection. It was a fun and short lived one, but I did enjoy hunting these toys, right Deadpool?



1 comment: