Thursday, August 21, 2014

TOY HAUL: Avengers Rocket Grenade Captain America


Recently just got this for my movie-verse collection. I wanted a Cap version that would resemble his looks from the Winter Soldier movie, and as we all know he did don his costume from his first movie again.


       Was really scouting for the Shield Blitz Capt. America from the Winter Soldier line especially when I found out that the line was on clearance! Couldn't get any luck finding one on retail as I hunted from one store to another. Luckily, I did chance upon an online seller who was selling this, and was able to haggle the price and ended up having this for less than clearance price. Upon inspection and research, I found out that I got the Avengers version one which was release years ago. Not complaining though, it's the same figure just with a different shade of paint app.

Avengers line vs. Winter Soldier line

        Base from the pictures I saw on the internet, these figures are exactly the same in terms of sculpt. Noticeable differences can be pin-pointed on there paint apps. The Avengers line is sporting a bit of a richer shade of blue compared to the dusted off blue the Winter Soldier line has. Also, the Avengers line got a shield included that has a c-clip while the other got a shield that came from a gimmicky launcher. Nonetheless it's still the same figure with the Avengers line just winning by a bit because of his shield. And let's not even mention the chubby version one released in the First Avengers line.

     It's funny how I didn't even bother picking these guys up when they were on retail. It's only now that I got to appreciate the figure after 2 Cap movies. I can honestly say I prefer this costume more than what he wore in the Avengers. I don't know but it looks more 'real.'



        Again I'm surprise with how much fun I'm getting out of this figure. I mean looking at the figure technically, it isn't really that great! However, ever since I hunted for this figure I'd always wanted to do this: 
HEADSWAAPPPP!!!!



        I think the headswap pretty much work both ways! The one on the left resembles what Cap wore during the scene where they infiltrated the ship and had a hand-to-hand combat with GSP. However, the shade of blue does differ, but nothing a simple Photoshop couldn't fix. On the other hand, I'm really digging the Evans head on that figure! So much so that I ended up doing more photos with him, helmet less! I know there was a variant released with a Chris Evans head back then, however with this, I wouldn't bother hunting for that one especially with its price in market now. 





No comments:

Post a Comment