Friday, August 29, 2014

TOY HAUL: IM2 Nick Fury


Ever sold a figure and after sometime you regret parting ways with them? And you want it back so bad? Well this is definitely one of them for me! I'm glad I did get a chance to own him again!



       I remember getting this figure loose from ebay at 100 pesos!!! Imagine that! However it was missing it's jacket, sling holster and gun, but with that price who would complain?! This figure was actually included in the IM2 Fury Of Combat boxset during the Iron Man 2 days. These were quite abundant back then since it was quite pricey, and collector were mostly 'eyeing' Nick Fury. Pardon the pun. Though I remember this reaching clearance, and was one of the first ones that got sold out.


        I was quite satisfied with it despite lacking his jacket. He does look flimsy without it, since he's using a GI Joe body. What I did back then was replace his body with a SHIELD Agent just to make him a bit buff for my display.

        However when the newer version of Fury became available locally through a local hobby shop for 300 loose, I was quick to jump ship since he's sporting an MU buck. CATFA Winter Soldier to be precise. At that moment I began favoring the Avengers version rather than the IM2 version.

        That lead me to sell my IM2 version, and use the Avengers one as my default Fury, which is one of the things I regret doing in my years of collecting. Months went on, and I began to feel how the IM2 is much better looking than what I had in terms of accuracy to SLJ's character in the movies. What even made me more disappointed is when I learned that prices of these were jacked up!

SHIELD wants you!
        To cut to the chase, fortunately, I got one from an online seller who's selling this at a cheap price, since the leather on his jacket was chipping off already. Not too bothered about the chipped jacket though. It even makes him look tougher, making him look like he just got back from a battle. Didn't think twice on getting this, since I badly want him back on my shelf since he's the real SLJ!

L-R: Samuel L Jackson, IM2 Fury, Avengers Movie Fury, Avengers Assemble Fury



Yep... just like in 8mile :D
IM2 Ultimate Fury with my custom Nick Fury.. yup I'm cheap.. but I like my Fury to have a 5 o'clock shadow.
A long overdue revenge!

Lesson here is to think dozen of times before letting go of a figure and never let the hype get into you.


No comments:

Post a Comment