Sunday, January 8, 2017

TOY REVIEW: Marvel's Moon Knight


Here's a figure that I've been waiting to be updated. Moon Knight!

First Impression:

        After Daredevil, Bullseye and recently Vision getting a redo, it's no surprise to me that Moon Knight was also given an update. The body mold on the first released figure was just short and ugly that's why It was never used again.

        When the preview pics of the new Moon Knight popped on the net, collectors were leaning on the negative side. But I was on a different boat probably because I love the character and I enjoyed the recent comic run of Moon Knight. I'm glad to see him in his modern outfit, giving me a reason to still keep the classic one.


Here's the rest of the assortment for 2017 Mavel Legends Series Wave 1



Where did I acquire it?: Kramer Toy Warden
How much?: SRP of Php 750 each
Condition during acquisition: MOC

Packaging:


Accessories:

Sculpt:
+ Awesome cloth like texture!
- Some sculpted parts feel flat.
- Head sculpt limits the articulation to a swivel only.
- Could have had a removable/non-removable "baton weapon"on his upper legs

Paint:
+ Great variation of tones of white used for the cape and the armor
Neatly painted lines
- A bit sloppy on the face paint app. (saw a lot of white bleeding on black with the figures I chose from)

Articulation:

It uses the new standard body mold for Marvel Legends series, meaning a cut back 
on some of the articulation that we were used to during the MU days. Also worth noting, head can only swivel left and right due to the headsculpt design.

Comparison:
MLS Moon Knight, MIS Capt. Rogers

MLS Moon Knight, MU Moon Knight

Angle View:
click to enlarge

Playtime Pics:



Overall Grade

        Overall, the figure isn't really for everyone. It still suffers from the lack of articulation that the modern MLS figures have. If you prefer articulation over everything else, the MU version is still the way to go. But for those who are tired of the short buck used for the first one, this is a welcomed addition. It has better proportion and height compared to the first release. The modern look is also a nice update, meaning you can have them both if you prefer. Though I do wish it also came with a staff/baton for a weapon. Even though the figure isn't that great, I'm a bit biased. I have to admit I love this figure, and I'm still hoping Hasbro would release the rumored Suited Moon Knight as well.

Accessories - n/a
Sculpt - 3/5
Paint - 3.5/5
Articulation - 2.5/5
Value - 3.5/5
Final Grade - 3.1/5



No comments:

Post a Comment