Wednesday, January 18, 2017

TOY CUSTOM: Iron Fist Unmasked (Danny Rand)


Since I still can't do a full figure custom for myself due to pending commissions, here's a simple custom to start the year. Danny Rand head for Iron Fist!

        I'm a fan of doing alternate unmasked heads for superheroes, as seen with my Black Panther and Magneto custom to list a few. Everytime I'm on a toy hunt I make sure to scout for heads I can use, and with various lines going on clearance I was able to snag a few.


        Here's something that came from the Star Wars line. I saw the 2-pack Princess Leia and Luke Skywalker set that was on clearance, and I knew I could use the head for Iron Fist. A fellow collector bought it, and I just got the head from him as I wasn't a Star Wars collector in any form.


        I dismantled the head, and cut the neck joint. I then drilled and sanded it to fit Iron Fist's peg. Then repainted the head overall to match the skin tone, and add a bit more detail.


This was a simple custom, but I'm very much satisfied with the outcome! Can't wait to work on my next 'unmasked' custom!



No comments:

Post a Comment