Wednesday, March 30, 2016

TOY CUSTOM: Magneto


Finally got the time to upgrade my Magneto.

        I've always wanted to have a classic "red" Magneto for my default display but I wasn't lucky to find one at a decent price. Then came last year's Toy Con where I was able to snag a Showdown version for only Php 150!!! 


        The figure though didn't come with any cape, has loose joints, some paint scratches and was a bit dirty. So I did plan on restoring the figure to make it my default one. It wasn't really my first priority, until I saw a fellow collector posted his Showdown Magneto with an unmasked head using the TRU Exclusive 2-pack Magneto! I was so amazed that I immediately try to find parts and resources for it.

So for the cape I used Ultimate Magento's and modified the front part to fit the Showdown. I extended it, and resculpted the parts. Repainted it to match the purple tone of the figure.

As for the head, I knew it would be hard to find the TRU version, and it will probably cost me much more. So I decided to scout for a Adam Warlock head, since they share the same mold. Fortunately I got a loose Warlock figure at a bargain price from a fellow collector.

TRU Magneto head
Showdown Magneto with a Warlock head
I then repainted the head, and got this! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment