Sunday, March 20, 2016

TOY CUSTOM: Chamber


One of the badass looking obscure characters from the X-verse, Chamber.



        I have no idea about Chamber's backstory whatsoever since I haven't gotten a chance to encounter him in any of my reads. But I do remember having a Generation-X figure of him when I was young. He got this translucent fire looking thing on his chest going up to his mouth which I never understood before.


Here's his wiki entry:
A British mutant, Jono possessed the ability to cast energy blasts from his chest. He had limited control of his power and destroyed much of his chest and lower face when his powers emerged.
Jono was a member of the X-Men's junior team Generation X, although he was sullen and moody and had difficulty bonding with teammates. He has since been offered a permanent position in the X-Men's teaching staff.

        I was always on the look out to do obscure characters to do for my collection, and Chamber just seems to fit the bill, plus he's a mutant! Brought out my remaining fodders and here's what I came up with:


RECIPE:

Head: GI Joe Trooper
- Added sculpted hair.

Torso and arms: Snake Eyes
-sculpted belt

Coat: Star Trek figure

Legs: Various GI Joe figures

Fire Effect: Painted hot glue.

        Basically most of these came from GI Joe parts I had left. All I had to do was sculpt the hair and repaint the figure. Majority of the figure seems to be black, but I added some brown shading on his coat and pants add some variety to the figure. Initially I couldn't decide whether which look to give him, "power up" or not. So I tried to just give him a removable flame effect which can be mounted on his chest.







1 comment: