Thursday, May 21, 2015

TOY HAUL: Funko Pop! Avengers Age of Ultron


After watching the Avengers: Age of Ultron, I know I have to own these!
(Since there seems to be no decent merchandise in 1:18 scale.)



Another pause has occurred in-between my postings due to a lot of reasons such as time constraints and a busted video card. A lot has happened with my collection though. Remember when I was torn between Joes & Pop as I've said here? It seems like I'll be turning my tables with regards to my stand between the two.

It all started with this...


Pop! Avengers AOU Hawkeye
Once pre-order for this item became available, I knew I had to and I did signed up for it. Once I got this from Kramer Toy Warden, I couldn't help but notice their display on the window. A complete set, of the Avengers AOU Pop, out of the box! I felt the urge to own even just the the big 4 including Hawkeye. So the following week I returned to do just that!

Here's a quick run through each Pop!

Pop! Marvel #66 Avengers AOU IronMan

Loving the blast effect the sculpt comes with. Makes it different from the usual standing posture of most Pops so that's an added point! Loving the metallic finish, and the detail of the armor is exquisite. I just hope the red paint doesn't fade like most Iron Man figures.


Pop! Marvel #67 Avengers AOU Captain America

Out of all Cap's movie costume, this is the one I dig the most which automatically makes me love this figure! Great paint apps and detailing on this piece.


Pop! Marvel #68 Avengers AOU Hulk

Of the 5 Avengers Pop that I bought this seems to be my least favorite among them. Not that it's bad, don't get me wrong. But the other seems to impress me more compared to him. Maybe I'm not just fond of a cute hulk, or there's something in his expression that seems a bit off for me. I'm not quite sure if he's angry or not.


Pop! Marvel #69 Avengers AOU Thor

Also love this version of Thor in the movie-verse. We get the 'almost' similar costume that he dons in his previous movies. However, it looks great translated into this figure nonetheless. Mjolnir handle seems a tad longer than what I'm familiar with but the overall sculpting more than makes up for it.


Pop! Marvel #70 Avengers AOU Hawkeye

Of course I'll be biased with this. This is probably the best Pop ever!! Kidding aside, I believe that this is the first Hawkeye Pop to be released. I do love the figure despite not looking like Jeremy Renner. The details on the costume and paint app are spot on for me.



Overall, I do enjoy getting these guys! It made me change my perception on Funko Pops! Despite having limited to no articulation there's something in them that makes me enjoy collecting, and taking photos of them. Another bonus is that they have a consistent packaging which looks good when displayed! You won't even have to think twice on opening them since you can put it back in it's packaging and it will look good as new!

Will definitely try to dip my foot in collecting Pops! I do enjoy the vastness of licensing they have with their character selection. Hopefully I do get Black Widow once she's out. Will probably snag a couple of Disney characters... and a couple of Walking Dead stuff.. and a bit of DC as well.. I even heard there will be Pops based on the TV Series FRIENDS.. hello skyflakes and pancit canton diet for me :P



No comments:

Post a Comment