Sunday, May 24, 2015

TOY HAUL: 2015 MIS Wave 2 (Shanna, Thunderstrike & Vulture)



Recently got hold of these 2015 Marvel Infinite series Wave 2 goodies!



Now this wave has been tricky for me. Never saw this for pre-order in any hobby shops or online stores (well except for one, I think.) Been lurking around the net for any news on these guys since I saw other countries getting their share already sometime around early April.

A local hobby shope made it available locally, mid-April I believe, with a limited quantity though. Before I could inquire, it was stated that they were sold out of these. 

It was only recently when I heard that Kramer Toy Warden had it in stock, and immediately placed my reservation for just these 3.

The whole set consists of the following:


-Thunderstrike
-Shanna
-Doc Ock
-Armored Daredevil
-Vulture
-Ultimate Spider-man
Each being 2 per case.

Didn't bother getting Doc Ock since I find the Showdown version being more superior except for the tentacles. The Armored Daredevil got me thinking as well, however considering the new buck they're using it's an easy pass for me. Though that costume rendition of DD looks great!

Let's have a quick run through each figure.

-Thunderstrike



I was never familiar with this character, though I've been seeing a variety of custom figures for this guy. Thunderstrike uses the Bishop mold, meaning he's quite tall compared to others. He comes with his Thunderstrike mace that fits well in his hand. Great sculpt details on the padding on his boots, and vest which looks like a new piece. Face look's spot on as well. Paint apps are decent, except for some paint chips on his body probably caused by the vest.


-Shanna

Never got a chance to readup on Shanna though I know she's married to Ka-Zar a.k.a. the Tarzan of the Marvel Universe. Shanna uses the Black Cat mold with additional sculpted parts. She comes with a knife which fits in her hand, and can be stored in the sheath on her back. Still, I do hope they included the spear which came with Kraven. Sculpt and paint details are great overall. However, it has been known that the hair piece is pegged and glued to the other half of her face, meaning her face underneath is incomplete. Cheap Hasbro.


-Vulture


oops... I think Electro just broke his elbow O_O

Now this is the chase in this particular wave. Maybe not in terms of the quantity, since they're all 2 per case. Most MUllectors seem to go after this figure out of all the others since this completes the original Sinister Six released by Hasbro in this scale. It comes with a removable wings, which frustrates me a lot since it tends to fall off easily! Wings are similar to Falcon, however this time it's placed on the side of his upper arms. It uses the new Big Time Spidey mold, meaning another cutback on articulation for this fig. Not much sculpt on this figure except for his collar piece. Paint wise, not digging the eyes on most of the Vulture I saw. They seem to be looking up and all red.

Overall, I find the wave a bit weak in terms of character selection. Figure wise, I guess we just have to accept the cut back on articulation. Sucks, but it's better than nothing. I do hope a little love goes back on MU's side from Hasbro.


No comments:

Post a Comment