Tuesday, January 27, 2015

TOY HAULS: Yo Joe 2015!


        For quite some time now, I've always made writeups and reviews almost exclusively about 4 inch Marvel figures. However as 2014 ended, I've finally give in and jump on a new line! YO JOE!


        As 2015 was fast approaching, I was considering on expanding my collection since MU is on that usual drought state again thus leaving me with this big itch. I've tried it before with Minimates, though it didn't last that long before I quit. Don't get me wrong, that line was pure awesomeness!! But it was getting out of hand since I was buying almost every week! I had to cut it before it gets too addictive!

Funko Pop! collection of Jerickson Abuel (@jerickson_abuel)

G.I. Joe collection of Mickey Da Jose
        Two things made my cut, it was either Funko Pop!, which is really big now locally with its enormous amount of characters and the ever tempting GI Joe with its awesome character designs and vast accessories, which Hasbro has cut MU collectors off. Did some research, and joined some local groups on Facebook and it was in TS118 and The 3.75 Toys & Collectibles Universe where I was convinced that Joe it is. The reason? First, it was in-scale with my main line, meaning I can do crossovers with them and maybe share some guns for my Deadpool and Punisher. Second, I find it cheaper compared to Pop which goes for like P600-1000+ each. Lastly, fun factor. With Joes, I can create scenes and have them pose for a shoot like what I do with MU because they have this thing called AR-TI-CU-LA-TION which Pop obviously lacks. Though nothing again Funko Pop! given the extra budget, I'd dive into that line in a heartbeat.

        But before giving into the whole Joe thing, I've laid down some ground rules for myself to avoid blowing this up like I did with my Minimates. First, I just need to have 1 figure per character. No duplicates whatsoever. Second, If ever I build troops, I can only have an army of two. Third, control myself and don't go with the hype ang go all gung-ho (pun intended). Lastly, enjoy and be casual in collecting. I constantly remind myself that this is not my main line. No need to be stressed in hunting and overpaying. I know and I'm sure, that I might break some of these from time to time, but at least I'm trying to restrain myself.

        My initial plan, is to go and create my Joe team and have a few Cobras every now and then. Comic, cartoon or movie version, it doesn't really matter to me. Just as long as I like the figure itself.

Ultimate Snake Eyes & Storm Shadow the 2 that started it all

        Of course the 2 figures that started my collection were Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow. You can't go wrong with these two! I did a checklist in my notebook, and to my amazement in just over a month of collecting I've crossed out a lot! Even some HTF/Uncommon figures such as Shadow Tracker, POC Dusty and POC Zartan. Big, BIG thanks to some of my fellow collectors who continuously guide me in my Joe collection, and even providing me with such steal deals!

        I must admit, GI Joe was never in my childhood timeline, since it made it big during the 80's with its TV show. Growing up in the 90's, Power Rangers was my thing. Though I did own some Joe figures back then though I didn't get to 'know' them that well. But lately I'm getting hooked knowing each and every character that I encounter.

        So cheers to a new year, and a new line to collect!!! Hopefully I get to post on a regular basis again! Darn you work for sucking up my energy! hehe!

1st batch of Joe Hauls

2nd batch of Joe Hauls




No comments:

Post a Comment