Monday, May 30, 2016

TOY REVIEW: Marvel's Rogue


Bringing in a classic with the third reveal, Rogue!

First Impression:
For this wave, Hasbro teased us with silhouette images of these four figures in their Pulse website and revealed them on separate days.

        Rogue, being the 3rd reveal, didn't really have me jumping. There were rumors before that there would be an upcoming Rogue figure, but I thought it was a reissue of the Jim Lee version that came in a boxset. That would have been great for those who haven't gotten her yet.

        From the reveal, I wasn't really a fan of the whole 80's look, and  I was satisfied with the Jim Lee version that I have. I was honestly considering on selling her after the review, however this changed when I saw the figure on hand.

Here's the rest of the assortment for 2016 Mavel Legends Series Wave 3


Each case consists of:
x1 of each Quasar, Roge, Hydro-Man, Morbius,
x1 reissues of Spider-Man, Armored Spider-Man, Black Panther


Where did I acquire it?: Kramer Toy Warden
How much?: SRP of Php 750 each / Preorder Php 4200 (set of 6)
Condition during acquisition: MOC

Packaging:




Accessories:

Sculpt:


+ Beautiful facesculpt. Not the same head with the mohawk Storm.
+ Great hair details.
+ Sculpted glove and boot cuffs.
+ Reuse of mohawk Storm's belt.


Paint:
+ On point with her comic counterpart.
Perfectly painted face. As I was browsing the assortment, all Rogues look great.


Articulation:
It uses the new standard female body mold for Marvel Legends series.
It's not a retooled mohawk Storm for those who are wondering.


Size Comparison:


MU Rogue, MLS Rogue
MU Storm (swithed legs), MLS Rogue, MU Jubilee (switched legs)
MLS Rogue, MU Gambit (switched legs)

Angle View:
click to enlarge

Playtime Pics:


here's a great alternate look for Rogue with just a headswap

Overall Grade

        This is probably my second favorite in the wave next to Quasar. I never thought I'd like this figure but the awesome face sculpt and paint in person just had me a change of heart. The figure itself looks simple but that's how she looks in the comic so I won't take that against them. It's a great addition, specially if you're an X-Men fan.

Accessories - n/a
Sculpt - 5/5
Paint - 5/5
Articulation - 3/5
Value - 4.5/5
Final Grade - 4.3/5



1 comment:

  1. Although this action figure was released in 2016, I just bought it and I don't regret having done it and I agree with you that she has one of the most beautiful facesculpts I've ever seen from this series.

    ReplyDelete