Monday, June 18, 2012

TOYCON 2012 Experience


(Here are some random footages I got during Day 1 of the TOYCON. Sorry for the shaky and crappy clips. I literally had my camera dangling from my neck since I only had 1 free hand during my hunt. I was suppose to go on the 3rd day so I can take clearer shots, but unfortunately I can't, so I had to make use of what I got)

   The 11th TOYCON is over and I'm sure you guys got your hauls. I was really planning to go on the 1st and 3rd day but unfortunately I wasn't able to come during the 3rd due to a family gathering but nontheless day 1 (retailers' day) was still a treat for me.
Coming to the TOYCON, I wasn't really on a hunt for any specific figure, though I had a checklist on hand just in case I see them at a good price.

 Here they are:
  • 1:18 red Vespa
  • Avengers  Battle Hammer Thor (Ultimate Thor)
  • MU Skrull Soldier
  • MU Multiple Man
  • MU AIM Soldier
  • MU Spiderwoman (Julia Carpenter)
  • MU Goliath (blue & yellow)

    My intention was just to check out the event, and maybe buy some stuffs if good deals came my way. I got at there at around 3pm (no rush). Bought a ticket just outside the entrance and had my arm stamped. As I got in, I was overwhelmed by the numbers of stalls and booths. I wasn't really sure how I was gonna go through the aisles without missing a stall.

    Being the MU junkie that I am, my eyes were razor sharp for these 1:18 wonders as I make my way and scout different sellers. One stall instantly got my attention. They were selling the 3.75" Avengers toyline at Php 300-500 ($6.00-10.00). They even have the complete 1st and 2nd wave lineup, except for Ultimate Hawkeye. Did some rounds on the event grounds, and like any other toy events Star Wars figures, GI Joes and Marvel Legends are quite abundant. Didn't see much variety of MU figs other than the frequent items and prices I see in GH, since most of them are retailers and sponsors of the event. However there are a few good deals still for MUllectors. Saw a tray full of the unreleased Don Cheadle Warmachine at Php 200-250 ($4.00-5.00). Also saw a stall selling some MOC MU figs at Php 300-400 ($6.00-8.00) though the numbers are quite few. It's also a great way to backtrack some IM2, Cap Am and Thor movie line figures slighty higher than clearance price which is still a good price since these are almost obsolete now in retail pegs. It was my first time as well to see the exclusive unmasked Dr. Doom on hand, and the price was just downright outrageous at Php 7,900 ($158.00). Also got to see some local celebs, cosplayers, sculptures, GI Joe diorama and the authentic Batman costume which was also exhibited. It's unfortunate that I didnt get to see the other displays since they were assembled on the 2nd day.


     Even though I was quite disappointed with the number of MU figs, I still had a great time just walking around while looking at the items of various stalls, chatting with familiar faces, and just seeing people sharing the same passion for toys. The experience was well worth it, and at the end of the day I still didn't go home empty handed as I managed to strike out 2 items from my checklist for less than SRP prices. 




  • 1:18 red Vespa
  • Avengers  Battle Hammer Thor (Ultimate Thor) - Php 380.00
  • MU Skrull Soldier
  • MU Multiple Man 
  • MU AIM Soldier - Php 350.00
  • MU Spiderwoman (Julia Carpenter)
  • MU Goliath (blue & yellow)

        Thank you and congratulations to the organizers of the event for another successful TOYCON! It was truly a great experience for me once again, and hopefully I could attend all 3 days next year. Cheers! 
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment