Sunday, May 14, 2017

TOY REVIEW: MCU Vulture (from Spider-Man & Vulture pack)


The main villain from Spider-Man Homecoming! Vulture!

First Impression:


        I've always loved villains in my collection. It has been a long time since we got a decent villain movie figure. With the announcement of this figure, I was glad the movie figs' articulation and quality are starting to come back. Though to be honest, I wasn't really a fan of the movie rendition of Vulture. But that might change when I get to see the film. 


Where did I acquire it?: Kramer Toy Warden
How much?: SRP of Php 1,499.75
Condition during acquisition: MISB

Packaging:
 packaging photos by Arvin Lim

Accessories:

It comes with a detachable wings that can be pegged at the back of the figure, similar to Civil War Falcon. It does fit his back well, and doesn't detach easily. The wings can also be moved up and down, and is pretty well sculpted. However it's noticeable that it's missing the turbine, and just have a huge blank hole.

Sculpt:




+ Great overall sculpt.
Love how the feet was sculpted.
-- Head sculpt is not accurate at all. Not sure where they patterned the design after.

Paint:

+ Decent paint application.
--  Paint app looks a bit flat, with not much shading variation added.

Articulation:

This figure has the same articulation as most of the recently released movie figure except with the addition of articulation on his wings.

Comparison:


MIS Vulture, MLS MCU Vulture

 MLS MCU Vulture, MLS MCU Spider-Man


Angle View:



Playtime Pics:




Overall Grade

        What I love about this figure is how pretty well sculpted it is. Also the wings give it much more width making it menacing to look at. However the inaccuracy of the headsculpt just turned me off. I'm not sure where they got that look. Also, the missing turbine was kinda off putting as well, since they left you with a noticeable hole on the wings. For the Spidey or MCU fans out there, I still would recommend this figure. However, for the casual collectors who opt not to get this, you wont miss out on anything. But again, my perception may change once I see the film hehe.

Accessories - n/a
Sculpt - 3/5
Paint - 2/5
Articulation - 3.5/5
Value - 3/5
Final Grade - 2.8/5



No comments:

Post a Comment