Tuesday, April 4, 2017

CUSTOM FIX: 'Winter Soldier & Capt. America - Height Extension'


Since most movie released 3.75" figs are shorter than the MU line, I decided to modify some since it has always bothered me. And to start off, here's Capt. America and Winter Soldier from the CATFA line.

I've always loved the comic Winter Soldier that came from the CATFA line. It has better body proportions compared to the MU one. However the lack of height is very much noticeable specially when you place it next to a MU figure. Same goes for this Capt. America figure. Personally, I prefer this version of Cap than the one that came from the Civil War line. The Civil War version just seems too big next to Iron Man and the rest of the cinematic universe roster. That's why I decided to fix these two first..

The method I used for these, is similar to what I did with Netflix Punisher. I cut the lower leg, drilled into it, placed a plastic rod to act as a skeletal support, added and sculpted some putty to match the ends, and handpainted it with the same shade of color.












No comments:

Post a Comment