Saturday, April 15, 2017

TOY CUSTOM: Ronan The Accuser


Here's a commissioned piece I wish I could keep. Ronan the Accuser!



        I've always wanted to have a Ronan figure for my collection. I thought of creating one but hesitated cause I felt Hasbro was gonna do an official one since he's now a household name specially after appearing as the main villain in Guardians of the Galaxy. However up until now we haven't gotten him yet, and he's the lone missing member to complete the Annihilators team. That's why I wasn't surprised when a fellow collector asked me to do one for him.


        So the client provided me with the fodder after an exchange of thoughts. What we used was a Deaths' Head figure as the main base, Colossus head, Omega Red shoulder pads, and hammer from the Ronan 5" movie figure.

        Shaved off the spikes then sculpted the details on the body, neck, and the hood. Glued the shoulder pads, and tried to match it to the body's insignia. For the hammer, added some sculpt to it to remove the gimmick feature, and replaced the handle with an accessory that came from Lego. Added a painted cloth cape for a finishing touch. Then handpainted everything.





I was really happy with how this one turned out and I hope the client feels the same way. If Hasbro doesn't put one out, I'm making one for myself as well. lol!



No comments:

Post a Comment