Tuesday, March 7, 2017

TOY CUSTOM: Old Man Logan (Comic/Movie inspired)


Here's a tribute custom for Hugh Jackman, a comic/movie inspired Old Man Logan!

       Up until now I haven't gotten the SDCC exclusive Old Man Logan figure from the Marvel Universe line because of it's rarity and price. That's why I decided to make one for my collection back in February of 2016. I already did start with the project by sculpting the body and assembling the parts, but I never got to complete it since I was in search for a head the would fit the look and I did want to preserve the Logan head it came with. The Victor Creed head would have been the perfect one since it's the exact same head they used for the exclusive, however luck wasn't on my side during my hunt.

SDCC Exclusive Old Man Logan

       Fast forward to the present, the final chapter of Hugh Jackman's Wolverine did hit theaters as he portrayed 'Old Man Logan.' I definitely enjoyed the film that I went back to work on this custom figure with a 2017 Movie Logan head in mind. So instead of a pure comic look, decided to have the head fully bearded similar to the movie version.

        So for this, I used a Logan figure from the XMO line. Sculpted the sleeves, and used a Comm. Gordon coat. For the head, since I didn't have any spare Logan head, I recasted it, sanded, then sculpted the beard and some hair.

Base body | WIP sculpted sleeves
recasted the head, and tried to copy Hugh's look from the movie




Likeness might not have been that on point, but I'm happy with it ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment