Wednesday, November 16, 2016

TOY CUSTOM: Bearako


It's about damn time! Here's a custom I've been wanting to make. 
The page's official avatar in plastic form, Bearako!




I've always wanted to create a 'Bearako' custom figure but never found a fitting base for it until Funko released a Ted2 Pop! The resemblance on both is undeniable that it only needs minor tweaking. I wanted it so bad that I pre-ordered it just to have it as a fodder for a Bearako figure. I remember acquiring the figure September of last year but never got the chance to work on it until now.


Basically what I did was shave off Ted's blocky eyebrows, and removed the remote control on his hand. I then sculpted the damaged parts on his eyebrow to match the lost texture. Resculpted the hand as well in such a way that I can have him hold things, in this case an Ultron figure. Resculpted the nose as to make it bigger, and the mouth to make it shorter. Lastly added his signature eyebrow raise. Sanded everything, and hand painted the figure overall including the shading and highlights.







I'm so glad to have finally done this. Really am satisfied with the final outcome ^_^


No comments:

Post a Comment