Monday, June 20, 2016

TOY CUSTOM: Iceman


Was able to finally update my default Iceman figure in my collection by swapping some parts!


photo by OnePerCase.net
        There have been various versions of Iceman released for the 4-inch scale, 3 of which sharing the same mold. What I got was the one that came with the Astonishing Wolverine wave. Got it as a set way back, during a mall distribution.

MU, XMO
        Wasn't really fan of the default blocky headsculpt and the facial expression since he seems to be smiling. The XMO version would have been perfect if not for his short height, which seems to be a problem for most of the XMO figures. That's why I wanted to try and mix and match some parts.

        I've been hunting for a fodder priced XMO, but never found my luck til recently when a fellow collector agreed to a swap.



        This custom was simple, as I just got the lower arms and head of the XMO figure and modified it to fit the MU one. I honestly thought there would be a noticeable difference between the shade of blue after I attached the lower arm and head. But fortunately, it does seem to blend just well. 




*UPDATE* Here's an illustration guide I did for those who are asking how I was able to remove and attach the lower arms.



No comments:

Post a Comment