Saturday, June 15, 2019

TOY CUSTOM: MCU Hulk (modification)


Here's a simple modification update of Hulk that you can do for your MCU display.


I've always wanted to update my MCU Hulk in my display, since what I have was Edward Norton's version. That figure's scale is just perfect for MU collectors since it's not too big compared to having the Legends one.

bootleg Hulk, MLS Homecoming Spidey, Norton Hulk

When I bought the bootleg Thanos that I modified (as seen here), I also purchased a bootleg Mark Ruffalo Hulk as I plan to modify it's height as well. However I found an easier way by simply swapping its head to the Norton body.

Here's a simple step by step procedure on how I did it.

bootleg Hulk, Norton Hulk

Was never a fan of the face of Norton Hulk that was used for this figure, so I'm okay with swapping it out for the Ruffalo head.

First step is to heat the head part so you can easilly remove the head.



Since bootleg Hulk's head is larger than the neck peg, we're going to use hot glue and petroleum jelly.
Apply an ample amount of petroleum jelly to the neck peg to prevent the hot glue from sticking to it. Then we fill in the head with hot glue, then press it on to the neck peg for it to fit.


As you can see, the head fits snugly retaining the head's articulation.


The next thing I did was to paint the head, since the bootleg head has a sloppy paint job.
So for this process I used Vallejo's model color


After painting the head, I used Bosny's Flat Clear to make it less 'plastic-y' and remove the shine from the figure.







before and after
And there you go! You know have a Ruffalo Hulk for your MU collection! :D




No comments:

Post a Comment