Sunday, December 30, 2018

TOY CUSTOM: Kingpin


Now this is one figure I'm glad to have finally done for my collection. Here's Kingpin!

I'm so stoked to have him finally! Ever since I started collecting villains, it has always been a puzzle to me how to achieve or make Kingpin. Since the base needed for him is a bit unusual. For quite a time I've been using an oversized Toybiz Kingpin figure from the 90's as a stand in for my MU collection until I've stumbled upon this recipe.

This recipe is nothing new, since I got this from a private toy customizing group (FCCU) which I belong to and is composed of my closest friends in and out of the toy collecting world.

Now this couldn't have been possible without the exceptional talent of Vaughn Loto, one of FCCU's talented sculptor and customizer, as he made this original Kingpin headsculpt from scratch and provided us with recasts. As for the body, we used a DC Penguin figure. Modified and sculpted the details and handpainted the figure overall.








No comments:

Post a Comment