Sunday, October 14, 2018

TOY CUSTOM: Storm (Jim Lee)


A long overdue commission request and a part of my upcoming Series 3 reveal.
 Probably the most iconic and popular look for Storm,
based on Jim Lee's art and from the 90's hit animated show.


Always wanted to make a Storm in this outfit for my collection. In fact I've already gathered fodder pieces for it. It's just that I can't seem to figure out what to use for the cape. Then came a fellow collector who asked me to do one for him. Immediately agreed to do it, so I'll be forced to figure out a solution to my problem.


With Storm, I was given an Emma Frost base figure and a Storm head. Resculpted the hair, and added some details on her body. As for the cape, after so many trial and error, decided to settle for a cloth like material for it. I had to ask help from my girlfriend in doing the pattern, fitting and execution of the cape. I'm actually quite impressed with the final product! Was able to fit it with the figure, then had to hand paint the figure overall.









No comments:

Post a Comment