Wednesday, August 10, 2016

TOY CUSTOM: Cable (classic)


It's been a long while and finally here's an update for my Classic X-Force team! Next up is none other than the team's head. Cable!


To start off, Cable isn't really part of the initial plan while I was doing this team. I was suppose to just use the official MU version. However, a collector friend urged me to do a classic version since I've done it with other members of the team. With that, and my OC-ness, I gave in and here's what I got.

Cable really ate up a lot of my time as I tried some new techniques in sculpting and 'recasting'. I'm glad it worked overall somehow. The shoulder pads could have been a bit wider, but I guess this will do since it's conceptual.

The figure is basically a Hyperion. Majority of his upper armor is sculpted including the metal arms. Then added some 'self -casted' pouches, grenades, and the X emblem for details. Got the leg attachments from some Joe figures. Modified the hair as well, and added some 5 o' clock shadow. Then handpainted the figure overall.





It might have taken some time, but I'm satisfied with the outcome! 6 down and 3 more to go! Can't wait to finish this team off.

They're waiting...

No comments:

Post a Comment