Sunday, November 4, 2018

TOY CUSTOM: Morph


If you grew up watching the X-Men Animated Series back in the 90's, I'm pretty sure your familiar with this character. Here's a look at my custom Morph!



Morph was one of those characters that I was always fond of. Probably because I remember owning a figure of him back then, which included alternate heads (Morph, Logan and Cyclops) to emulate his abilities of morphing as his name implies. I decided to make one and make it available for other collectors who would want to own him.


Morph was made from a Union Jack body. Modified and extended his legs to make him tall and fit better with the scale of other X-Men characters. Added a jacket which I then modified. Sculpted the sleeves, collar, X-buckle and straps. For the head, I recasted a Zartan head then sculpted the hair and hand painted the figure overall.

Just like the vintage Toybiz figure, I also included two alternate heads. Cyclops and Logan.







As of this posting, the figure is available for purchase at
https://www.ebay.com/usr/bearako



No comments:

Post a Comment